A Choice of Professional Teeth Whitening Methods
Teeth stains can develop from years of exposure to your food and beverages as a result of heavy coffee or wine drinking, or from habits like smoking or chewing tobacco. The most common stains, known as extrinsic stains, develop on the outer layer of your teeth – called enamel. Teeth-whitening works by thoroughly breaking up stains on your enamel, and then oxidizing the structure underneath to brighten your smile’s overall appearance. Depending on your specific needs, we offer a choice of professional teeth whitening methods that you can either apply at home, or receive in just one short visit to our office.
How Teeth-Whitening Works
Our custom-designed teeth-whitening kits include a set of trays made just for you, and a supply of professional-strength bleaching gel. Apply the gel for one to two hours every day (or in the evening if it’s more convenient) by using the trays to spread the gel evenly and protect it from your saliva. After 10-14 days, your teeth will be free of stains and your smile will be significantly brighter!
The Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Opting for professional teeth whitening can yield a number of benefits, including:
- A quick, effective solution for improving your smile
- Minimizing risks to your teeth’s healthy structures
- A professional assessment beforehand to determine if teeth whitening will work for you
- Improving your confidence by significantly brightening your smile
- A choice of options that fit your schedule, such as take-home or in-office treatment options