Advanced, Incision-Free Periodontal Surgery
Gum recession can be caused by a number of factors, including gum disease, too-aggressive brushing, or excessive pressure from teeth-grinding. If you exhibit gum recession, Dr. Vahadi may recommend the minimally-invasive Pinhole Surgical Technique, or PST®, to revitalize your gums and promote tissue reattachment without conventional gum surgery.
Treating Gum Recession with Pinhole Surgery
Unlike gum grafting, pinhole surgery does not involve cutting or bonding new tissue to the gums. Instead, PST® involves creating a tiny hole through which Dr. Vahadi can use special instruments to gently reposition loose, receding gum tissues. PST® is specifically beneficial for treating gum recession that is not caused by gum disease.
The Benefits of PST®
There are several benefits to choosing the Pinhole Surgical Technique® for gum recession, including:
- No scalpel so there is little to no bleeding, swelling, or discomfort compared to periodontal surgery.
- A healthier, younger, more attractive look for your gums.
- Preserving a maximum amount of healthy, natural gum tissue.
- No sutures so healing is more comfortable.
- PST® significantly reduces the risks of infection during healing.